Friday, January 13, 2012

My favorite place in the world

This is my Grandparent's house, my favorite place in the world. I only get to visit at Christmas and if I'm lucky one time in the summer. They have lived in this little house for 60 years. I love visiting there because it's so cool to me that my kids eat off the same plates as I did growing up. Drink from the same cups, play the same card games, play in the same rocks and sit on the same tractor. I am just at peace when I'm there. But the best part is the river.
My favorite time every summer was the week I got to spend here. We swam, fished, roasted marshmallows, hunted minnows and crabs, jumped of rocks and slid down the slate slides.
Diesel isn't your average outside kind of dog but even he loved it. He tried to go swimming but we all know he couldn't swim if his life depended on it.

 Lucy didn't want to come.....I almost disowned her! She wanted to stay and play games with great Granny. Trey and Cross loved it. It was cold but they would have stayed down there forever. In the winter we would ice skate but it wasn't quite cold enough for that this day.

I think Lucy would "freak her freak" if she saw the minnows, crabs and water snakes in the same water as her. I hope she ends up loving like me.

Ethan trying to soak me

Why is it so fun to throw rocks into the water?






He loved the real Christmas tree in the yard.

So my Grandpa had to go get water to fill the well so they had running water in their house. This  is no joke! Up until about 4 years ago we weren't allowed to flush the toilet unless it was a number 2. I'm showing you this because I had to climb in this thing one summer to rescue the lid. I always wanted to "swim" in it and was so excited to finally get my chance. My Grandma was scared to death of me getting stuck. But we all know I'm a monkey and I saved the day!

Best climbing tree ever! I used to love just sitting up there and doing nothing. It makes me happy to see Trey climbing it.

I'm very blessed to have my Grandparents still around and able to live on their own. My Grandpa just turned 89. They still garden, landscape and mow the yard. I'm even more blessed that my kids know them. That doesn't happen very often.

Trey is going to stay for a few days this summer and I can't wait to hear about his adventures in the river! 

No comments:

Post a Comment