Friday, January 13, 2012

Stephanie's super seeds


Here's the story. My dad's side of family exchange small gifts for Christmas. Everyone gets the same thing. My dad wanted to do something a little different. He usually gets a book for everyone.

Anyway he was asking me if I ever heard of chia seeds. Does he know who he's talking to? Um...yes dad I do.

So.....I had an idea!!! I love to give the gift health. So I took him to whole foods and went to the bulk section, probably the best place in world. We picked out different kinds of nuts and seeds along with cocoa nibs and raisons.

We put them in a bag and added a note with the nutrition facts of each ingredient.

My mom was so embarrassed! She said we were going to look like freaks.

When they opened the bag they looked at my dad like he was crazy. Then my mom quickly threw me under the bus saying it was my idea. I'm not ashamed people!

I loved it when my dad told his brothers not to smoke the hemp seeds. Good one dad:)

If your interested in trying Stephanie's super seeds here are the ingredients.
hemp seeds
pumpkin seeds
sunflower seeds
almonds
raisons
cocoa nibs
chia seeds
Add it to oatmeal or on top of toast with coconut butter. I eat spoonfuls of it. Don't knock it till ya try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment