Sunday, January 15, 2012

Swim lessons

I joined the Y last week so I could start getting in regular swims. My goal is to swim 3 times a week for about an hour. I accomplished my goal and I must say I really enjoy swimming. It's very relaxing for me. But this week I learned some things about swimming I'd like share.
1. Don't choose the old man back stroking to be your lane buddy. You might end up with black eyes.
2. Don't make eye contact with the guy in the lane next to you. He'll talk your head off.
3. Swimming makes my hair gross, skin dry and really hungry.
4. Circle swimming is not fun!
4. Learn to breathe bi-laterally. It really does help.
5. I need to learn how to flip turn.
5. Pool swimming is much easier than open water. I could be pretty fast at an indoor tri.
6. I can breathe every 7-9 strokes. Who knew?
7. No one is cute in cap and goggles....blech.
8. Swimming in the afternoon during senior water aerobics.....pretty funny. They had 50's music blaring.
8. Swimming is more fun when you have friends with you!
9. I really want an underwater iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment