Monday, November 28, 2011

Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies

These cookies disappeared within minutes and they are very healthy. Vegan, natural and no white stuff! I'm going to give you the recipe I received and then my own twist on them.

To make them gluten free just switch up the flour. I think coconut flour would be good but I didn't have any.

1 cup butter                             1 cup coconut butter
1 cup sugar                              1 cup sucanat or organic brown sugar or maple sugar flakes
1 egg beaten  flax paste           I also added 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/2 allspice
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pack milk chocolate chips   80% or higher dark chocolate bar chopped into pieces.

For flax meal I add water to 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds and mix. It makes a pastes that replaces the egg in any baking recipe.


Preheat oven to 375. Cream softened butter and sugar. Add egg or flax, pumpkin, vanilla, and mix well. Sift dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Add chocolate. Drop on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 min.

Even my meat, dairy, and junk food loving husband liked them! Thanks for the recipe Elaine!!

1 comment: