Sunday, November 27, 2011

Good Eats!

I wanted to share some of my new favorite recipes with you.  Don't make fun until you try them!

These are kale chips! Lucy and I love them, Cross and Trey like them and Ethan....well I won't tell you what he says:) All you do it cut up kale and saute them for a few minutes in coconut oil. Place them in the oven at 350 until crunchy. Then add sea salt and black pepper. Yummy!

kale chips
roasted butternut squash and garlic soup.

Chop up a butternut squash and place it on a tray along with garlic cloves. Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, sucanat and olive oil. Bake at 400 until soft. While waiting on the squash saute carrots, celery and onion with coconut oil. Add the squash and bring to a boil. Add coconut milk. Blend it all together until smooth. I like to sprinkle it with chia or pumpkin seeds to add protein. I add some kind of nut or seed to everything these days. If you workout and want to build muscle without meat this is a must!


peanut kelp noodles


These are my all time favorite....the kids love them too because they taste like peanut butter.  Soak the kelp noodles with water and lemon juice. On very low heat mix brown rice miso, almond butter, little tahini, sesame oil and bragg's amino liquiod. Then add noodles and stir to combine ingredients. I like to add sesame seeds to up the iron....Ironmom's need iron:)

Gluten free pasta and bread. Coconut ice cream and oil. And mint chocolate water.


So my friend Brian called me out on my Ezekiel bread from my last food post. Yes it has gluten! I'm not a purist and I'm not giving up Ezekiel bread thank you very much. But I do love this rice bread.


The water has chocolate "essence" so there is not junk in it. I LOOOOve this stuff.


The ice cream speaks for itself. Coconut + vanilla=so delicious...hence the brand name.


I would love to hear about your clean recipe's! Especially the ones your kids love!

No comments:

Post a Comment