Friday, November 11, 2011

food


 So many people ask me what I eat. First thing, I am NOT a nutritionist! I just love food and what it can do for the human body. I don't believe in diet or calorie restriction. I believe in eating food in it's whole form. I started eating clean about 5 years ago after my mom gave the Eat Clean books by Tosca Reno. I have the whole series but have lent them out to friends. So here is a picture of 2 of them. I have had the opportunity to meet Tosca a few times and I love her!

Eating clean means no white stuff, lots of lean protein, no packaged stuff, eating every 2-3 hours and lots of water. It's a lifestyle, not a diet which means you don't have to worry doing the math of calories in, calories out. Just eat clean!

So here is where I take it to a whole new level! My friend gave me this book about 3 weeks ago. it was Written by a professional Ironman. He eats raw! No meat, no dairy, no gluten, no soy and no coffee. Did I lose you yet?

So for the 3 weeks I have been eating this way and I love it. It was just supposed to be an experiment but I feel great. I don't eat totally raw.......it's really hard with 3 kids. But I do have to say the kids like almost all the stuff I feed them including kale chips, quinoa, and kelp noodles.




 Here is a picture of some of the things I eat every day.
Ezekiel bread-live grain bread with lots of protein.
Yerba Mate`-species of holly native to south America. I use it in place of coffee.
Chia seeds-High in potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, protein and fiber. Great for active people.
Coconut oil- I pretty much use this in place of all butter and oil. I use in on my skin and hair also.
Pumkin oil-High is fatty acids and great in salad dressings.
Kombucha- fermented tea rich in organic acids, active enzymes, amino acids and antioxidants. Great for digestion.
Hemp protein powder-complete protein containing all 10 essential amino acids.
Coconut milk- dairy free and so good!
Maca powder-A root vegetable with medicinal qualities. Great for building muscle and recovery.
Vega bars- I use them when I'm on the run.
kale and arugula salad with mung beans, sprouts, chia seeds, lots of nuts, seeds and raisons. yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment