Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All I want for Christmas is a bike trainer

If you would have asked me 6 months ago what a bike trainer was I wouldn't have had a clue.  Maybe a person who does training rides with you? Nope, it's the contraption to the left.

In the cold months you put your bike on this thing and ride miles, and miles and miles in front a tv. It sounds horrible to me!(I need to be outside) It's supposed to be better than a spin bike because you need to be on your bike if your training for a long ride, which I am. You are able to shift and change positions as if your on the road. You don't have to worry about weather or time of day.

I've learned that there are many different kids of trainers out there. Some that cost a couple thousand. Yikes!  They can give you specific ironman courses, watts, speed and cadence. Yea, that's pretty cool but I just need to ride.

So of course I get on Craigs list. If you know me you know I like nice things but I won't pay full price for anything. I found this one listed for $35 in Rehoboth. SOLD!

Speaking of Craigs... list have you guys heard about the Craigs list killer in Akron, Ohio? Pretty creepy. These people have an add looking for farm hands on their 600 acre farm. The people go thinking they are going to interview but instead are murdered and put into a grave. There have been 3 deaths so far. I have to admit I was a little nervous about going to get this trainer. I told Ethan where I was going and then called after to let him know I was still alive with my trainer in the back of my car. Yay! Think twice before buying off Craigs list if your in Ohio.....just saying.

Anyway, I checked out the brand and it sells for $200 so I think I got a sweet deal. I haven't used it yet because I'm not sure how. But I know I'll be sick of it very soon so I'm not in that big of a hurry! But I'll be sure to let you know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment