Sunday, December 4, 2011

Too many socks!

my socks
I'm your average girl who loves clothes and shoes but this picture of socks really got me thinking. If you look at my "regular clothes" and my workout clothes I think you'd be surprised.

I have a closet filled with all regular stuff, shoes, jeans, dresses....just the normal stuff. Then I have a big dresser filled with only my workout clothes. I'm pretty sure the workout clothes out number the regular clothes by far!

Which brings me to the socks. The first drawer consists of socks and unmentionables(that word always cracks me up). I have tons of socks, mostly little ankle socks for running and exercising. But lets be clear. Not the ankle socks that give you cankles! I'm very picky about my socks. They have to be thin and should barley be seen inside the shoe. Anyway, it never fails that when I go get a pair this is what I see(picture). There is never a match......EVER! What happens to them?!?!

Drawer #2, Workout pants. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I counted just my black workout pants. I have 22 pair of them! That's not counting running shorts, sweatpants or other colors....just black pants. But do you think I can just grab a pair and slip them on? NOPE. I have to find my favorite ones that I wear all the time.

If you have known me for awhile you know I'm obsessed with sweat pants...I always have been. My mom finally got me in a pair of non-sweatpants in 6th grade. I live in them but once again I'm very picky. My favorite sweatpants are abercrombie. I've had a love affair with them since highschool(my birthday is next month). If you were to meet my mom and sister you would see that they also live in sweatpants. I'm always complimenting others on their sweats not their boots which I also love! The only time I'm not in sweats is church. I do have other clothes. I love people's reactions when they see me out of my workout clothes. Yes, I do dry my hair, wash my face, put makeup on and I even wear perfume....I have other smells than sweat.

Drawer # 3, workout shirts and t-shirts. I'm total opposite of a hoarder but for some reason I can't get rid of old t-shirts. I have 2 shirts in that drawer that are like 15 years old. Do I wear them? No!.....well maybe sometimes. hmmmmm, is that gross? Out of probably 50 shirts of all shapes, sizes and colors I only wear a handful of them. It usually ends up being the cheap wal-mart tanks that I put on. What is my problem? Am I the only one? It takes my like 10 minutes to get dressed by the time I go through all 3 drawers.

Yet, if you go shopping with me guess where you'll find me. looking for workout clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment