Monday, December 19, 2011

Girls night out

 Lucy loves ballet. She started taking classes about a year ago and fell in love. I grew up around dance because my mom owned dance studio's and still teaches today. So, although I don't openly say it, I really want her to be a dancer. She can choose what she wants but I love watching her dance and she is so good at at.

She has been wanting a mommy night so we got dressed up and went to see the Nutcracker. She was especially excited to see her older teenage friend Rachel dance in it. So here we are all fancy. We both changed shoes a few time....like mother, like daughter.







We made a stop for hot chocolate at Starbuck first. She loves hot chocolate......not the healthy kind either. For some reason she loved this holly tree.










She was so excited to have a nutcracker on her bag.
And a donut!
She gave me "86,000 thumbs up!
She had to call Granny at intermission to tell her where she was. She also found her ballet class friends and left for about 20 minutes to sit with them the second half. They grow up too fast!
She didn't like the "boy in the tights with no shirt". I didn't either.
The is Rachel! She is a rockstar to Lucy! I used to babysit Rachel when she was in her little pink leotard. Now she's a teenager and a very talented dancer. We love you Rachel.

We had so much fun and Lucy didn't even fall asleep. We had some funny conversations.
Lucy:"what is that?" Me: "That's a cool looking recycle bin." Lucy "please don't make me recycle my dress!"

Lucy: "burp, excuse me, I had too much hot chocolate and donuts! I need to remember that next time."

Lucy: What is that?" Me: "That's an old paper towel dispenser." Lucy: Wow! That's cool....are you old like that?"

Lucy:"Please don't get in an accident momma." Me:"What makes you say that?" Lucy:"I love you and don't want to not have a mommy."

Lucy:"boys are stinky, right momma?" Me: "Yes! very stinky"

I love my girl. Everyone should be lucky enough a Lucy in their life.

                                       

1 comment:

  1. Love the conversations you recorded! How precious. Lucy sounds awesome! I love that dates like that! You both look so pretty! : )

    ReplyDelete