Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life's a beach when you live at the beach!

Trey loves the beach more than Cross and Lucy. He always has. There is not one bit of fear in him. He was made for the beach. 
 We were able to go to the beach for a little while today. It's December but it was so nice outside! The beach is my favorite place to be. It doesn't matter if it's cold, warm, rainy, or snowy. It makes me thankful when I'm selfish, happy when I'm sad and energized when I'm tired. The beach is the best of God's creations. Being there put in a place of peace.

Lucy loves the sand but usually freaks out in the water. She will spend hours and hours digging for sand crabs, naming them and playing with them till they are lifeless.
                                              I love watching my kids love the beach.
The beach is the best place to be for this guy. He can run and scream and chase seagulls all he wants. He love go in the "deep waters".

This city girl has been blessed to have lived at the beach for almost 12 years now. Thinking about that today brought some memories to mind. Here are some I'd like to share.
~Ethan losing his wedding ring in the waves 2 weeks after we got married.
~The first time we took Brutus to the beach and watched him run. The last time we took him:(
~Seeing Mark take out a lady while riding a wave. He hit her hard....she didn't get back in.
~Sitting on the beach after the 1st of 3 miscarriages and knowing God is bigger!
~Playing tackle football with Trey and him pulling my bottoms down. I rather forget that one.
~Watching all 3 kids eat sand covered food like it's not big deal.
~My 1st swim with Jenn in the bay.
~Another swim with Jenn, Morgan and Steph in hurricane Irene.
~22 straight beach days! This was before kids.
~Learning to surf, sup and one attempt at skim boarding. I almost broke my hip.
~Beach bootcamp with my Quest peeps!
~ Watching Adam save a girl from drowning. Her and her dad were so thankful....at least we think they were. They spoke Chinese.
~Watching Trey smoke his first cigaret. gross
~The days before kids when I could take a book and a towel and just read. Man that was sooo long ago.
~Freaking my mom out with sand crabs.
~Realizing I'm actually swimming with sharks.
~Learning how fun it is to throw clear jellyfish at people.
~Trying to nurse Trey under a blanket on the 4th of July. It ended up with me in tears and running to the car in frustration.
~Fishing with Steve and Dawn in their sweet boat.
~Thrashers, Grotto and Louis subs.

There are so many memories I am thankful for. It will be hard if we ever leave and I don't have a beach to go to whenever I want. As for now....I'm going to savor every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment