Saturday, December 10, 2011

Yo Adrian, my bike trainer ain't so bad!

Ethan put his bike on the trainer this week and rode a few times. He said 10 minutes was like eternity. Which is what I hear from most people. So I haven't been that excited to try it out.

BUT, this morning I went with my friend Susan to watch my running buddies run the Rehoboth full and half marathon. I was supposed to be running but decided not to:( Anyway, I was inspired after watching everyone! So I got home and asked Ethan to put my bike on so I could try it out.

I needed to set up a few things before my "ride". A run isn't complete without the Rocky soundtrack so I figured a ride couldn't be complete without a Rocky movie. I'm going to be honest. My life isn't complete without Rocky. But most of you know this already. I'm a Rocky fanatic and proud of it!


I love all the Rocky movies but 2 is my favorite. The training sequence is by far the best! But halfway through it started skipping so I finished up with 4. I love "hearts on fire" and the hardcore workout he does in Russia in this one. Drago ain't so bad!


My 3 clickers, water, wonder women cup and of course my little red bike make the set up complete.

I actually enjoyed my first ride on the trainer. I went for 1:03, till the end when Rocky takes Drago down and he says "if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change".  I love that part!

Then I decided to do a brick workout since Cross was still sleeping and the other 2 were with Ethan. So I kept  my diaper bike shorts on and went to find some matching socks. That of course didn't go so well. Once I found my socks I went looking for my new running shoes. Did I mention I have like 8 pair of workout shoes? I ended wearing an old pair because I couldn't find my new ones. Grrrr

After a very looooong transition time I hopped on the treadmill. About 2 miles into this happens. Not cool!




I only lasted about 5 more minutes because I was about to shoot myself in the head. I despise the treadmill! It doesn't help that we don't have a dvd player in the garage so I didn't have Rocky playing. The Army/Navy was on.....boring. Total workout time:1:35. Not too bad considering I was going to be lazy today.

So.....I think the bike trainer will be just fine! At least for now. Check back with me later after I've had to sit on it for 5 hours. 

Back to Rocky. I'm going to leave you with some of favorite Rocky quotes.
~Yo, Adrian, we did it! Duh, I think that's everyone's favorite.
~It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
~To beat me he's gonna have to kill to me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that.
~You're gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you've ever dreamed. But when it's over, I know you'll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. Do it!
~You ain't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment